The executive board for the Kappa Epsilon at-Large chapter of Sigma invites you to submit abstracts and/or attend the
2022 Fall Research Event.
The event will take place on Wednesday, October 19 from 6:30 - 8:30 pm EST via Zoom. Dr. Brianna Chesser from the Physical Therapy department of GVSU will facilitate "Implicit Bias in Nursing and Healthcare." Implicit Bias training and education is a licensure requirement for RNs. A poster session will follow the keynote and CEU's are available for RNs. Students are welcome to attend though registration is limited to the first 40! Participation is free but please click Registration
Poster Abstracts are being accepted until October 5 with determination by October 15; all research, evidence-based practice, active or experiential learning approaches, PICO/literature review and quality improvement projects or initiatives will be considered.
The 350-word abstract must include the following key elements:
- Problem: Describe the health care issue the literature review addresses. Provide support for the significance of the problem.
- Purpose: State the objectives of this inquiry relative to the overall evidence-based literature review on this topic.
- Search Strategy: Identify databases searched, and inclusion and exclusion criteria.
- Results of literature search: Describe the search, number of studies included, and level of evidence. Include a summary table of your evidence in the poster.
- Synthesis of Evidence: Briefly describe the synthesis of the evidence that includes major trends and notable gaps.
- Implications for Practice: Include your recommendations for practice or future research based on the review and synthesis of the evidence.
Posters will be presented digitally via a Zoom Platform. Posters must be created using a PowerPoint slide or equivalent. Presenters will have 10 minutes to present their poster, including time for questions.
Submit abstract to firstname.lastname@example.org
with the following information:Subject line:
2022 Fall Sigma Research EventMain presenter information:
email, mailing address and phone, educational qualifications, present position, experience/qualifications related to topic and any disclosure of conflict of interestAdditional presenter(s) (if applicable):
contact information, educational qualifications, present position title, experience and qualifications related to topic, disclosure of any conflicts of interest Title of Presentation:
Include 2-3 objectives for learner outcomes: measurable terms; one action per outcome per objective. Avoid the use of and, or and multiple expectations in one objective.Content (Topic) Outline:
Provide an outline of the content/topic and indicate to which objective the content is related. Each objective must have directly related content outlined that is more than a restatement of the objective. Please use an outline format. Avoid sentences and paragraph descriptions. Include a Time Frame
in minutes for each objective/topic and who will present the content. Include the Teaching Strategy to be used for each topic.
References: Please list at least 3 references for each objective.